Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Young Eagle Hanging with the Vultures

eagle_young4

This young bald eagle was hanging out with the vultures sharing the trash they had stolen. I did not realize it was an eagle until I was going through the pictures.
 
I know this is a bald eagle from the white just starting to show around the neck and top of head and the bright yellow talons where the feathers stop further up the leg. Golden eagles are seen in my area sometimes in the winter, but it is considered rare. 

This bald eagle is about a year to a year and a half old due to the lighter spot at the top of its head.

I do not know why, but I can be running our wood splitter, and bald eagles will start flying over my home.


Who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103:5