Thursday, January 20, 2022

Gloucester, VA Walmart Supercenter

There is much less stock in our local Walmart this week. 

These were all of the pictures I could get: 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=100006562608379&set=a.3277065459188842

I have that album set to public, so you should be able to see it.

I'm not concerned yet. I want to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks after the weather settles and people recover. I am buying less than normal now to make sure items are on the shelf for the next person.

You can find what you need if you don't mind going from store to store or paying more. I am very concerned for the people on fixed incomes. There are many already choosing between food and medicine as it is.

In my hometown, Suffolk, VA, fights have broken out over different products in different stores. One friend says that Kroger, Walmart, Food Lion, and other stores in Suffolk are very bare. Another friend who lives in Suffolk said the store she works for had 67 call-outs in one day. 

I am hearing that fights are breaking out in other areas where stock is limited. Then there are people stealing other people's groceries. I highly recommend you shop with a friend or protection and practice situational awareness.

Here's an article from November 2021 breaking down the percentages of food price increases:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/high-inflation-causes-meat-sugar-and-other-grocery-staple-prices-to-soar-11636726612

Stay safe! My love to all!