Sunday, January 09, 2022

Thlipsis is followed by tharseo

Thlipsis basically means "daily life troubles." Strong's defines thlipsis as pressure, affliction, anguish, burdens, persecution, tribulations, troubles. Jesus tells us in John 16:33 that we will have troubles but right afterward He reminds us to "be of good cheer" which is tharseo which means courage. 

We can have courage because He has overcome this world. What a comfort that is! 

When I am trudging through something tough, I remind myself I only have to do this life one time because Jesus has won the victory. After this, we are free of these daily troubles. Thank you, Jesus!
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33