Monday, January 24, 2022

Potts Mountain Road

PottsMountainRoad

This is the end of the trail which is where we started.
Yeah, we are those people.
It's actually a legal road, and traffic goes both ways.
You can meet equestrians, cyclists, bikers, and hikers.

pottsmountainroad3

Somewhere in the middle during a "bathroom break."

For bathroom breaks:
Some of these trails take several hours to complete. Then there are the excursions where we find a road and take it not knowing where we will exit. Sometimes you have to use the bathroom in nature! What I do for privacy even when it looks like no one is around: I open both doors on the passenger side of the suburban. Sometimes Clint stands in the opening to provide an effective four-walled "stall." For our daughters, I stand in the opening with my back turned if needed. When off-roading, I keep a flattened roll of toilet paper, a bottle of water, soap, and trashbag in the passenger side door so we can maintain hygiene.

pottsmtsign

This is the beginning of the trail.

There were several more trails than this that we visited on this trip. We enjoyed this area immensely, but I did not get many pictures due to my phone not liking my computer. iPhone, Windows computer. I've had endless problems getting them to talk to each other. As I mentioned previously, most of my pictures from this trip (and several trails) were lost when we tried to do a transfer from the phone to the computer. I was happy to find a few that survived.

Info on the trail: 

Potts Mountain Jeep Trail (Forest Road 5036)