Tuesday, February 08, 2022

be aware and scan

My father taught me to be aware and scan my vehicle, underneath, around the tires, and look in the windows as I approached it. I still practice that consistently today. Clint and I have instructed our children to do the same. You can spot a fluid leak or avoid a tire puncture. If this lady had been taught automobile situational awareness, perhaps she would have seen him through her hatchback window on her approach. 

"I was on my way to school and I got into my car and onto the highway, and he had hid in the hatchback," the woman said Monday, according to WXIX-TV. "He was waiting for me. He jumped in the front seat and started beating me. I didn’t know he was in my car."


Dear Reader, Jesus told us the world would become more evil in the last days, so it is not a surprise to see things like this happening. Besides prayer, there are many ways we can actively work towards being safer. How do practice situational awareness in your day to day? What have you taught your children or grandchildren about awareness and safety? I am praying for each of you to be kept safe and to learn to practice better personal, family, and home safety. My love to all.