Monday, April 15, 2019

How Big is Maggie?

maggiesize

Contrary to what people think, Maggie, my toy poodle, is not a puppy. She is fully grown. In fact, she is seven years old! That's a quart size canning jar beside her for comparison. She is around 5 lbs and is very affectionate. 

I registered her as Sweet Magnolia Blossom because she is about the size of one of the large flowers. Maggie was a gift to me from my loving, thoughtful husband after I lost a baby. He knew my empty arms ached, so he gave me something to hold.

Maggie has brought joy to many including the elderly and disabled around us. These friends cannot own dogs themselves but enjoy their "Maggie Time." Maggie enjoys a ride on a wheelchair or a snuggle in a bed! She is gentle and careful not to bump too hard into arthritic hands. I consider it a blessing to be able to let others share in the joy Maggie has brought our family.