Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Came Home to Find

miracleoldfriend

Our old friend is not doing that well.

Miracle has lost weight and is more wobbly. She has very few teeth, so she is on a wet food diet. When I am home, I will prepare other food for her, so I think some of the weight loss is because I was not here to do that. 

So far today, she has eaten almost 3/4 of a salmon steak I pureed for her. Her tummy is so full; it is tight! The family at home did feed her every day, but they don't think of pureeing different foods for her. Miracle is like a toddler in that she wants some of whatever I am eating. 

I've also noticed she likes to stay in whatever room I am in when I am home. She's at my feet as I recline while I type this. I think she knows I will watch over her while she is sleeping. 

She has been declining visibly over the last few months. I've spoken to everyone in the family and warned them her departure may be getting closer. I dread the day I have to make the decision. It's going to be very painful for everyone, including me.