Saturday, April 20, 2019

Twister

Our neighborhood had a small twister hit on one side and then land on the other side last night. I had received the warnings on my phone, woke up Clint, then texted our children and told them to take cover at Brandon's house, moved the metal chairs in front of our safe space, and kept Maggie in my arms. 

Then, I put my ear to the open screen door listening. I heard something that sounded "different." It sounded a little like a train, but there was something else in that sound. I am at a loss for words to describe it. I know it made me move very quickly to take cover under the stairs! That sound I heard was the same time the damage happened and our power went out, so I can only conclude I heard the twister.

I have not been out today, but those in my family who have, say the twister literally skipped over our house and Brandon's house. The damage was on either side of the two houses. Praise God for His protection!!