Friday, April 19, 2019

Not the End of the Story

This has been a hard week. Several people I know have died in the last few days. Close friends lost their loved ones. I opened my computer this morning and found a message from a dear friend saying her life is in danger from another deadly disease. Another friend has lived past her disease's "expiration date" and says she doesn't expect it to be long before she passes. My heart has been weary, very burdened, and overwhelmed. 

Imagine how Jesus' family and friends felt as they watched him suffer and die. The sheer brutality He experienced right in front of them had to have caused them great anguish. It must have taken them to their limits. It is brutal to watch those we love suffer. 

Today, I rejoice that Good Friday was not the end of the story. 

Jesus rose on Easter Sunday and set us all free from sin and death! 

That comforts my weary heart as I watch friends go through heavy trials and as I say goodbye to others.  This is not the end of the story! This life is only temporary!

What is broken today will be restored! What is old will be new! We will be set free of these present sufferings and will be reunited with our loved ones! 

Jesus did that for us, and I am so very thankful for it!

I am looking forward to meeting my Savior and thanking Him for all He's done for us. 

We have hope because of His victory!

Dear reader, I challenge you to rejoice with me that Good Friday was not the end of the Easter story, and these present sufferings are not the end of our story either! 


Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Romans 5:3-5