Saturday, April 27, 2019

Mother's Day Came in February This Year

b

a

A friend forwarded these texts to me because she wanted me to know I had helped her and to also see how much my daughter values me. I was very thankful to know God has used me to reflect Him in both lives. 

Shortly after that, a new young friend compliment me on the level of maturity and responsibility of my oldest five children and shared an observation about how well they are all doing in life. Then he told me he wished he had had a mother to raise him like I had my children, because he wishes he was more mature and further along in life than he is. I told him God led me how to mother and did all he mentioned in our lives. 

Then some young people asked me if Clint and I could teach them from the Bible because they want what our family has. Praise God! Clint is going to teach, and I will assist him with the materials.

Then, one of our children's bosses sent home a compliment on how I raised my children to "a level of responsibility and maturity not often found in today's workplace." It was a blessing to be able to give the credit to God's and how He led me to raise them.

Right after that, a cashier asked if my children were homeschooled because "They are so well behaved and respectful." She said they stood out from all of the rest of the children in the store.

I am very humbled and thankful when God sends a window to share His name and gives me affirmation. It is a gift to my heart. 

Any good you see in my life is due to Jesus. He is the One Who has molded and shaped my surrendered life according to His will. I asked Him what He wanted from me, and He led me to stay home as a wife and mother looking out for the best interests of my husband and children. Obedience in that one critical area changed my life for the better in many, many ways. He will answer you as you seek Him too. To God be the glory for all He has worked in and through my life!

Dear Reader, I challenge you to reach out today to encourage someone who has been a blessing in your life. We all need a pick me up now and then. You can be God's instrument in their life by strengthening them just when they need it.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, 
just as you are doing. 
I Thessalonians 5:11