Monday, July 15, 2019

5 gallon buckets make giving practical gifts easy

grocerybucket
filled with food and paper products
The bucket in the picture is a little dusty from waiting to be used. I buy them in bulk to have them on hand and use them as needed. I wiped it off before I gave it away.

I can get a 5 gallon bucket and lid in my area for less than $5.

My local Walmart and Lowes carry food grade quality buckets in case you are looking for bulk food storage.

Sometimes restaurants will give them away for free.

5 gallon buckets make giving practical gifts easy. You can put the lid on the top or wedge it between the goods like I did in the picture.

A blanket, gloves, small plastic tarp, toiletries, bottles of water, and pop top canned food with some change and a gospel tract work well for the homeless. The bucket serves as a seat or a table and offers dry storage of goods.

Car cleaning supplies in a bucket make a good gift for a new driver or car owner.

It is a great way to take gifts to college students. I've even had one friend make a cushioned top for extra seating in a dorm room. 

Fill one with baby supplies for new parents.

Kitchen and cleaning supplies go over nicely for new homeowners.

A teacher was happy to get one filled with classroom supplies.

Electrolytes, crackers, tissues, cough drops, OTC medicines, magazines, things to keep young children busy, easy to heat meals are helpful to families with illnesses. There are times when large families appreciate the extra bucket.

I do not know anyone who can't use another bucket for storage or utility needs. I personally prefer using buckets instead of wrapping paper and gift bags. It is worth the few dollars more to keep trash out of the landfill and give something practical.

Who do you know that can benefit from a gift whether for a physical need or as cheerful encouragement? How can you share the gospel with someone new to you this week? I challenge you to respond to the need you see.

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
Acts 20:35