Sunday, July 28, 2019

what more could we possibly want

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Psalms 16:5-6


After learning I have a blog and it is called Contentment Acres, a good friend and homeschooling mother of eight shared with me that her life verse was Psalms 16:6. That prompted me to study the chapter which caused me to fall in love with the verse also. Over the course of a few days, I put it and some other quotes and verses in the sidebar of this blog as I studied what she had shared.

From the Benson commentary: “though they still covet more of God, never covet more than God; but, being satisfied they possess his loving-kindness, are satisfied with it, and envy not any their carnal mirth and sensual pleasures and delights, but account themselves truly happy in what they have, and doubt not but to be completely happy in what they hope for. And those whose lot is cast, as David’s was, in a land of light, in a valley of vision, where God is known and worshipped, have, upon that account, reason to say, the lines are fallen to them in pleasant places, much more they that have not only the means but the end not only Immanuel’s land, but Immanuel’s love.”

Dear Reader, what more could we possibly want than Immanuel's love? Do we fully realize the wealth we possess in Him? I don't think our minds can grasp the true measure. What more can we possibly give to each other than Him by sharing His love? How much more readily should we be lavashing it on each and every person we know with what time we have left to share it? This is one area we can all work to improve! My family and I are praying that you will share His love more readily with everyone He has placed in your life. I hope you pray the same for me and my family.