Wednesday, December 04, 2019

A Virus Visits

The virus going around has been passing through our family for the last couple of weeks. We knew when we had been exposed, so we started taking elderberry tincture, Vit C and D, and etc. It helped keep the "flu tired" down to less 24 hours in all of us. Then the drained feeling is followed by sinus and, in a few, chest congestion. 

I am always intrigued by how the same germ can affect each of our family members differently. Below, I've shared observations.

Hannah and Caleb threw up once each. Hannah was very dismayed when she felt that coming. Then, she did not tell me she puked, so I knocked the bucket over while I was cleaning in her proximity ...and then I stepped in it. Yuck! 

You know what, Dear Reader? I gave thanks for stepping in that puke! It is because God blessed my womb and gave me a child when I was 40 that I still have a little girl in my home. That's right, God didn't think three daughters were enough for me, so He sent me some extra special sweetness! Hannah is a beautiful, spunky, crazy haired, opinionated, and fun loving child with a loving heart for her family and God's creatures. She brings our whole family so much joy! I am also blessed to be able to stay home with her, care for her when she is ill and well, and enjoy the best and worst parts of our days together. Even though she is sick, it is something that will pass. If you think about it, there is a way to give THANKS with a grateful heart in every situation we experience. It's a choice for each of us to find those things and praise the Lord for them.

Caleb said it was quite painful to throw up with his lung attached to his chest cavity. He also said he is, in retrospect, very thankful for not having thrown up immediately post surgery. He couldn't imagine what that would have been like. Caleb will always "feel" where his lung is attached to his chest cavity. I am not crazy about that part since he feels pain when he coughs or sneezes..and now, as we learned, when he throws up. It's not ideal, but it's much better than his lung collapsing suddenly! I am curious as to what they did for pleurodesis before surgery was an option. I am also thankful the surgery exists, Caleb was able to have it, and it worked! God has been so very good to our family!

Joshua and Emily never had the blah, tired feeling, just a little congestion. 

Amanda and Brandon each slept for a day and then just had heavy congestion.

Bethany's skin gets sensitive before she comes down with something, so she has a built in warning.

A couple of our children had the poos, but I'll not share their names on that.

I managed to avoid the virus until Monday. That is also a reason to be thankful. Before I found the current protocol I use to manage the CA-EBV, I use to be the first member of my family to come down with an illness. I am the last ...so far. Clint hasn't had it. I am hoping he can avoid it altogether.

I knew this virus had me when I woke up Monday, but I wanted to make the day count. So, I did some light activities and wrapped half of our Christmas presents with Bethany's help. Bethany helped me get in bed at 7 when the chills hit me, and I slept until 8 the next morning. I finished wrapping all except 5% of the Christmas presents on Tuesday. The leftovers gifts are vintage or antique items that need special cleaning, documentation put with them, and special packaging before wrapping. 

I only had a little "flu tiredness" and congestion, but I have not slept well since it hit...so I am still tired. 

I have a lighter day planned today. This weekend will be very busy as I will be...


 ♪ ♫ on the road again. ♪