Thursday, December 05, 2019

Oh NO She Didn't!!!


wrestling

wrestling2

We have always rough housed with our children. It started when they were toddlers. We'd call them one by one for bedtime and rough house on the bed with them before we prayed and exchanged hugs and kisses. It sent them to bed with love, fun, and a smile. We also gave self defense tips to them as we played.

Our children are older and so are we, so we don't rough house with them as much.

But, now and again, we still do.

Emily came for her hug and a kiss, and I asked Clint to grab her so I could tickle her.


Right off the bat, this spunky girl looks at Clint and says, 
"You know I have the advantage here, right?"

Clint said curiously, "Oh yeah? Why is that?"

Emily said between laughs,
"Cause you're old!!"

Have mercy!!
It was ON then!!!
I am 6 months older than Clint!
We had to show Miss Smack Talk what OLD could do!


Yeah, he got her, and I tickled her! 
We ganged up on her until we were all three oxygen deprived from the laughter.

This is the same mischievous and fiesty child who tells her older and larger siblings she isn't afraid of them when they start playing with her...
"because you're weak!"


God gave Emily to me after a period where I lost children. The stillbirth was especially traumatic. I kept going for my family and took joy in what I had, but I was still sad my babies had died. When I found out I was pregnant again, I was filled with overflowing joy! Hence, her middle name! She loves that story and knows God used her in her mom's life before she was born. I knew in the womb Emily would be a "firecracker!" She was so very active and responded to sounds outside of the womb. It was a fun pregnancy, and every day with her continues to be such a blessing!