Saturday, December 07, 2019

Thank You Father!

Please join us in giving praise to the Lord for keeping 
Amanda unharmed 
when her SUV was struck by a big 4WD truck last night.

Her truck is salvageable.

She thought she had full coverage on her truck, but for some reason, she does not. It could be a "12 Hour Third Shift Brain" mistake. Stuff happens. You make the best of it and move on. So, she'll have to buy parts from a junkyard and make the repairs herself, but they are relatively easy to do.

We are so very thankful she is OK, the other driver and passenger were OK, and Amanda's truck was not totaled!

We are also thankful that while Clint and I were not home, we were nearby and could get to her very quickly.

The accident happened at 6:23 p.m. Someone else called police, so Amanda called me at 6:24. I saw her name and the time and had a flashback to when she rolled our truck and nearly dropped the phone in a washing machine that was filling with water. I very briefly got the details from her and had Clint and our two youngest girls in the truck before she stopped speaking. I hung up with her at 6:25 and called Joshua. He was eating in a restaurant right in front of the road where the wreck happened. Our conversation was short. Me: "Joshua, Amanda is in an accident right outside your restaurant, please go be with her until we can get there." Joshua: "I am on it." Me: "I'll be there soon. Thank you, son, goodbye." Also at 6:26, I briefly texted 20 of our prayer warriors. Joshua, Bethany, and four of Joshua's co-workers were beside Amanda at 6:27. Clint and I were with her at 6:29. God blessed Amanda by having her family close by and ready to respond quickly.

Clint drove Amanda's beat up truck to her house in case the hood flew up. I made Amanda drive me and the girls in my trusty old suburban because "once you fall off the horse, you get right back on."

She borrowed Clint's car and got most of her hours for work.

 I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand. 

I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will proclaim your goodness, yours alone. 
You have taught me ever since I was young, and I still tell of your wonderful acts.
 Now that I am old and my hair is gray, do not abandon me, O God! Be with me while I proclaim your power and might to all generations to come. 
Your righteousness, God, reaches the skies. You have done great things; there is no one like you.
Psalm 71:15-19