Friday, December 20, 2019

"God knew you'd delight in it..."

trees

A few years ago, I was admiring some vintage ceramic Christmas trees, but the prices were so high, I didn't plan to buy any. It was one of those, "It would be nice to have, but I don't want to part with the money for it." I shared my fondness of them and the prices with Clint in conversation later.

A few weeks later, Clint and I were in a resale shop and we found the 22" tree on the far left for $5! I was so tickled and also confused as to why no one else had purchased it with the prices of them being so high at that time! Clint said, "God knew you'd delight in it and left it here for you. He loves you, Wendy." I have used it to decorate our home the last few years. 

At the same time I found that one, I found a smaller one (no lights) with cardinals and gifted it to Amanda for her new home. It is also a vintage piece and is very pretty. Amanda loves it.

Fast forward to this year. I found a 8 inch vintage crystal Christmas tree in a resale shop for 50¢. 

Then, also this year, I found two more vintage trees in a friend's house. He gave them to me. They were made by lady who lived in the house and have her name and the date they were made on the bottom. It's the largest and the smaller one in the back.

I also have two new trees. Joshua bought me the small lit one you see in the front of the largest which is very generous of him because he helped purchase Ranger for me. The tree was battery powered, but I converted it to electric. Amanda also gave me the one beside that for my birthday. She felt I needed more trees on the table.

Dear Reader, there is a God who loves us and wants us to know Him. He tells us to give Him a try and we will see (Psalm 34:8) that He is good. He can heal our hurts and set us free of things holding us up in life. He will supply our needs and send reminders of His love. He cares about the big and the small in our lives. He can do far more than what we ask for or think. My life is a living example of all of these things and much more. I know if you try to get to know Him, you will see that He is good. 

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21