Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Embarrassing Myself

 This is embarrassing, but I am going to share it because most people will laugh..and that's the goal.

I have been working my rear end off to make some things happen for my family. I also am helping a friend fill his freezer. I have been between THREE households helping with things. Then there is the normal stuff and the holidays. Life has been very full and productive. At times, I have been very, very tired.

As most of you know, I take a moderate approach to natural medicine. I am not all natural or nothing at all. I do believe we should start out with diet and lifestyle changes and natural medicine, but if that does not work then safe OTC or Rx can be an acceptable way to relieve suffering. My mindset on that makes me an outcast with both sides of the debate who feel it has to be all one way or nothing. Anyhoo...

Exposure to some dust at one place where I was helping with packing had me having a horrific allergy attack. Then, I was exposed to two beautiful and affectionate Persian cats who made the problem worse. I needed sleep badly, so I grabbed what I thought was OTC allergy medicine that had worked well for me in the past. I took it two nights in a row to help me sleep, or so I thought.

I thought my body was really having a bad reaction to the things I had been exposed to because it did not seem to be giving me the relief it usually does.

As I was about to take it for the third night, I finally looked closer at the label.


it was anti-diarreah medication.

 

I was laughing so hard at myself last night, I thought I'd wake up the family! I grabbed medicine for the wrong end of things! LOL!

I know where I messed up. I had gone by the similar look of the label instead of taking the time to actually read. 

There's a life lesson there. Sometimes we assume we know what is going on, but we don't really see all of the necessary details so we make crucial mistakes. May we allow God to lead us as we take each step in life because without Him, we will surely misstep! My love to all!