Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Please pray for Timmy

Timmy needs to get a deer to fill his freezer.

Timmy is in the advanced stages of Muscular Dystrophy and hunts from his motorized wheelchair in the fields behind my home. He also drives that chair down his narrow and very curvy road to a dock and fishes to provide for himself. 

So far this hunting season, he has only been able to get one squirrel and three rabbits. 

I know he is worried about it because he is asking me daily if I have seen deer and where and what gender and size they are. He is also asking me to give him the weather radar when he is in the field because he wants to stay as long as possible to increase his chances. His cell phone does not connect to the internet, and he will get stuck if it rains. 

His chances at a deer were further eroded when a group of hunters from out of the area came here and ran their dogs through our rural neighborhood.

I am giving him some male Muscovy ducks I need to cull due to winter feed costs. I am also going to set my squirrel trap at a house that has an abundance of them and see if I can help him get some more of those.

My family will not allow Timmy to go without, but it is important to him to be able to provide what he can for himself. 

Will you please pray that God will provide that single deer Timmy needs before hunting season ends on Jan 1?