Monday, February 11, 2019

Meg: Cycle of Life

lovelymystique


This is Mystique, Miracle's (aka Old Lady Cat), granddaughter.


We lost Meg, Miracle's daughter and Mystique's mother, a few months ago. I don't think I have any pictures of her.

Meg was a beautiful cat who looked unlike any we've ever had. When she was born, she had a blotchy coat, but as she grew, she became stunning! She was odd in that while she was outside, you couldn't touch her. She was skittish. If she came indoors, in the arms of a child who spent the time and energy to catch her, she was as affectionate as you can imagine a cat being. Put her back out the door, and she was skittish again. She was a good mouser and lived in our feed shed keeping it clear of grain stealing rodents.


She showed her love for me even as she was leaving and feeling horrible. She really was a sweetheart. Living on a farm has made me pretty tough, but I cried and took to myself for a while over this one. I am still sad I will never look up to find her creeping to spy on me as I work outside. But, here's Mystique with her equally odd but very different ways. 

I like seeing the generations that farm life affords. The traits that are handed down are interesting. The cycle of life on a farm has value too. It teaches one to seize opportunities, and make the most of what is here, now, before it is gone forever. Life is fleeting. How can you make this day count for God's glory? What is He asking you to do? What part of yourself will you lay aside to do His will right now? 

Again, that Mystique in the picture, not Meg. Mystique is alive and well. Our readers range from young to aged to different abilities. Some are not English speaking, and rely on a translator. That's why I explain some things different ways.