Friday, February 22, 2019

My Bucket List Writes Itself

When the topic has come up, I tell people "I don't have a bucket list. My bucket list writes itself."

People laugh and take it as a joke. I mean it.

Why go looking for excitement and adventure when it comes to me?

There aren't many who can say they have been shot at.

I can.

To God be the glory! 

I hope He continues to give me events to share that draw others attention and point them to Him. I know that even the scare and worry these things have caused in my heart served the purpose of drawing me closer, revealing weaknesses, and refining me for His use. I tremble when I think about what might come next, but I rest knowing He is faithful. 

I belong to Him. My life is His to do with as He pleases. I hope yours is too.


Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.”And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.
Luke 8:39

Come and hear, all you who fear God,
    and I will tell what he has done for my soul.

Psalms 66:16

My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
    of your deeds of salvation all the day,

    for their number is past my knowledge.
16 
With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come;

    I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone

O God, from my youth you have taught me,
    and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
18 
So even to old age and gray hairs,

    O God, do not forsake me,

until I proclaim your might to another generation,

    your power to all those to come.
Psalms 71:15-18