Monday, February 18, 2019

When Bethany Saw the Hole in the Glass

showermolding

When Bethany saw the hole in the glass, she snapped a few pictures with her phone. She immediately came to me and said calmly but with a seriousness that got my close attention, "Mom, there is a hole in the upstairs bathroom window. Mom, I am pretty sure it is a bullet hole." 

I saw the first picture and immediately went to the bathroom. Whoa!! Shock!! Fear!! I had not pieced together the motion light going off and what I had heard the night before, so I was concerned someone could be on the property right then. Securing our home and protecting my children was my only concern at that point.

One strength of mine is that I am fast to think and react. It can also be a weakness, but mostly, it is a strength and has been a blessing in my day to day life. God made me to fit the life He gave me. I am also good at seeing what needs to be done in an orderly fashion and moving resources to make it happen in an efficient manner. That last part is learned, not inherent. 

Tomorrow, I will share more...