Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Hypothesis

Note, we do not know for certain who did it, but we rest knowing God does and is in full control.

Our hypothesis:


  • Caleb had a tablet disappear out of his woodworking shop. 
  • It had a tracking. Once turned on, it had a screen saying something like, "This is Caleb's tablet. You are being tracked." It was turned on once, and then it never showed anything else.
  • Joshua had a brand new, still in the package set of jumper cables go missing from his truck.
  • I had a few small things go missing from my suburban including a small handbag
  • Other items were missing.
  • None of these items were found.
  • I had heard something a couple of weeks earlier.

We think someone saw Brandon go home, Amanda leave for work, and Joshua and our younger children go to Brandon's house for the night. We think someone assumed because of the three outgoing vehicles that no one was home. Clint and I were home alone the night of the shooting. The night I heard the noise, there were four vehicles that left because Clint had to go to work. I was here alone.

They must have been going through the cars that were left and were frightened by me looking out of the window. Maybe they thought I saw them. We think they fired to scare us from coming outside and catching them.

We do have a theory about who it was based on a few factors that would explain why the person would want to buy themselves time to get away, but there is no way to know for sure.

There is another part to this story, but I will only share that face to face or by phone for those who ask. If you call, just ask me about this situation and reference the ruined seat which has something and nothing to do with the story. That will tell me you have read and know most of the details and help me remember exactly what I need to tell you. My days are very full.

Life can be scary! Evil is all around us. It is prudent to take whatever steps you reasonably can to protect life and property, but it is very unwise to place your hope and trust in them. 

Don't look to another person, law enforcement, cameras, dogs, alarm systems, motion sensing lights, weapons, special training, or your tough attitude/resolve. It's foolish to even brag about them. God can protect you through those things, but He does not need them. 

You can be perfectly safe in the most dangerous situations with nothing except Him watching over your body and soul. 

Look to God, and make claims of His protection! 

Make certain you place your trust in the One Who controls all. 
That is the only way to have true peace.

So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. 
But letting the Spirit control your mind 
leads to life and peace. 
Romans 8:6


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23:5-6