Monday, May 24, 2021

Food Prices

Wise people see trouble coming and get out of its way, 
but fools go straight to it and suffer for it. 
Proverbs 22:3

Please do not let this drive you to fear. Fear is not of the Lord. Fear is a stressor and makes you sick in your spirit, mind, and body. It's OK to have concern about a situation, but to let it create anxiety and stress is not wise. Christian, remember who you are, Who you represent, and where you are going!

If you have not stocked up on food and other necessities by now, you should do that as soon as possible. I was going to wait to share this after tomorrow's agriculture report comes out, but that chart will not affect what is already in motion. The last several reports and especially the last Agri Spot chart are enough to show the food inflation ball is picking up more speed. 

If you took my advice to prepare last year, then you are about to see a very good return on your initial investment due to price increases. You should praise the Lord for what you have and continue to stock up as much as you can.

I left a large package of frozen salmon in my online shopping cart for three days. When I returned to add more items, I noticed the salmon was skinless, and we prefer the skin on for the beneficial fats. So, I removed it and went to find the version with the skin on, but they did not have it. When I put the skinless salmon back in my cart, it was $3 and some change more than when I took it out. The large container of instant potatoes I purchase has gone up $2+. The cold relief I purchased for my sick children was also a little over $2 more a package. Eggs are $2+ more per 5 dozen package than they were a year ago. Packs of chicken that cost me around $7 last year are $9 today. We are seeing the significant increases I anticipated last year. I could go at length about the inflation I am seeing and what I expect is coming. However, if you are a shrewd shopper, you are already seeing it for yourself!

We are commanded by Jesus to watch and take note of what is happening in the world. When we are obeying this, we see trouble coming. Preparing ahead for tough times is not only smart, it is Scriptural. I've shared those verses in the blog before. As one reader shared, even Jesus prepares ahead of time. "Behold I go to prepare a place for you." :-)

Dear Reader, Now, I can not see the future, so I can't say anything with absolute certainty. However, there are reports that back up what I have been feeling in my gut for a long time now. Thanks to the Lord, I had a heads up on this almost five years ago. It's a long story. If you want to hear it, I will share that testimony in person. My family will tell you it's true. They heard me praying, saw me ask for their prayers as I researched, and then they start acting upon what I learned.

Looking at the inflation reports and the agri spot index, I think it is safe to conclude it is likely bigger and more widespread increases in the prices of goods are on the way.** If the forecasts by financial experts come to fruition, the coming increases will become very burdensome for some. I love you, so I am encouraging you to prepare as much as you can as soon as you can.  

Buy some extra shelf-stable food. Learn how to repackage long-term storable foods so they will survive a long time. Buy some seeds. Plant a garden. Plant perennial vegetables. Buy books/download/print out info on how to care for that garden. Learn how to forage. Don't waste. Preserve through canning and dehydration. Learn old food preservation methods. Once you have the knowledge/skill, no one can take it from you. Make your family eat healthier. Build yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually. I am doing at least a few of these things every day right now. I am trying my very best to be faithful in preparing. I am also trusting Him for what I can't do.

By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail. -Benjamin Franklin

**There's so much more I could share, but I just do not have the time. Here's another thing to factor: Did you know farmers are under contract to plant on a certain date? They do not get to choose based on the weather in their area. I am hearing farmers in the midwest were told to plant way too early this year, and many crops will likely suffer. Are you aware of the suspect food storage fires of last year not just here in the US but in other nations? Crop damaging storms? Are you aware the breadbasket countries are limiting their exports on grains and other foods so they can feed their own people?

Tomorrow a pre-scheduled post will be on the blog, but in a separate post I will also share the difference between preparing and hoarding. My love to all.