Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Something to take into consideration

After Colonial Pipeline shutdown, hacker group 'Darkside is just getting started,' experts say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/after-colonial-pipeline-shutdown-hacker-group-darkside-is-just-getting-started-experts-say/ar-BB1gCuyx


"The CEO of a Prevaillon, Karim Hijazi, runs a security intelligence agency that infiltrates hacker communities every day. Hijazi said Darkside is just getting started."

"The fact that they came into the environment, they looked around and took the time to figure out where they were, they stole information beyond just simply ransomware, it was sort of a double extortion attack. It really is unprecedented," Hijazi said.

This news makes me look to the future just like I do when a hurricane is off the coast. I pray, research to gather knowledge, pray on that, come up with some ideas for mitigation, take both my research and ideas to my husband. We pray on it together and come up with a plan to do the best we can for our family. Then we take action. We do as much as we reasonably can to prepare our family for the storm(s) headed our way. 

What are the categories of critical infrastructures in the US? What falls under those categories? What scenarios are likely if one or more are hit? How can we be prudent with this knowledge? Does God require us to work and do things for ourselves? If you see a storm coming and do not prepare, are you showing wisdom? Does Jesus command us to pay attention and take note of happenings in the world so we will know when His return is close? Could physical preparation, along with spiritual, be a PART of the reason He told us to do this?

I do not know if the US will see another hit on critical infrastructure or not, but an expert is hinting it is very likely. I also know of the studies that have been done and reports that have been written by our own agencies. I also see a strike against our infrastructure that caused problems. I've been following maps like this for many years. Prudence tells me there very likely could be more inconveniences ahead. My job as a leader is to do what I can to take care of my household. 

Dear Reader, I am not sharing this to make you fearful. I am sharing it because so many are looking at the wrong thing (inconvenience to self), reacting to the short term, and do not see the bigger picture. Put on your spiritual eyes. Pray for wisdom. Study (read, learn, know, become very familiar with) your Bible.