Wednesday, April 15, 2020

3 Days of Dates

One thing quarantine has been good for is catching up with friends. An OLD friend from high school recently asked when Clint and I started dating. That had me asking, "Well, do you call it official when he first asked me, or when he gave me his ring, or when we let everyone know?" "Uh, most people do that the same day, don't they?" "No, not Clint and I." 

Tomorrow starts the remembrance of the three days that tell the story of Clint's and my beginnings as a couple. Some of you remember those days well because you were there when they happened. Clint and I look back on them with fondness in our hearts. We take these three days every year to reflect on how blessed we are and what God has done. We were young teenagers and didn't have a clue, but God definitely had a plan.

This year with so much uncertainty, we are especially thankful we have these three days to remind us and our children that even when we do not know what is ahead, we know the One who does. What the Father has planned for His children is good. 

The memories shared are just a few sentences each because my work in the garden is long. The story is only special to us. It's also a little crazy when we think about it. 

For those who asked: I am also recovering from my fall* over Easter weekend. Love to all from all of us!

*Any hopes of me developing a cool superpower are lost because the feeling of fire shooting from my fingertips has left me. Haha! Seriously, I'm doing better.