Monday, April 20, 2020

He Knows My Heart

Resized_20200419_115918

A bunch of our friends got a big kick out of this when I told them about it, 
so I figured I'd share it here.

This was a gift from my beloved for our 34th DATING anniversary.

It's not one but TWO LOADS OF CRAP!

I texted that thought to him. He said he was suddenly laughing out loud in the middle of bunch of bewildered strangers in Home Depot! I smile every time I walk by the pile which is several times a day.


It's not all aged manure though. It's a little over 2 cu yards of a special and bit pricey compost for my garden. We have purchased all kinds of material for our garden beds, but this is by far the most expensive!

I am experimenting with growing medicinal and culinary mushrooms on our farm, so I needed this particular mix which only has a percentage of manure in it. I am also using it for other things in our garden. It won't last long!

Clint also purchased a little more than I asked for because he knows I will share a few bucketfuls with neighborhood gardeners.

I am sure some of you are thinking I've lost my mind wanting such a simple thing. It's certainly not glamorous, but it makes me very happy to have it. It's a gift only fellow gardeners will appreciate.

I can put this to practical use right away and eventually it will yield a harvest which will bless our circle of family and friends. That is what gives me joy and means so much more to me than an evening out! I am tremendously blessed to have a husband who knows my heart and responds to it.