Tuesday, April 14, 2020

be as shrewd as snakes

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. 
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 
Matthew 10:16

shrewd: showing sharp powers of judgment

Cognitive dissonance causes us to fight hard against changing our beliefs/perceptions. If we were not in a war on this earth, why did God tell us to armor up and fight against the schemes of the devil? Do you think satan is passive? Do you believe he is actively working against us? Should we pray sincerely and ask God to expose these schemes to us and others? Ask Him to shine a bright light of Truth on any area where you are believing incorrectly.

Christian, we need you to join the battle, but you can't fight against it when you are willingly, and even eagerly, blinded to it. Please also note: I am not telling you WHAT to believe. I am pointing out Truth found in Scripture and am asking you to seek the Lord for wisdom and knowledge. I did this years ago and am amazed at where God has taken me and my family since.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, 
but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
2 Timothy 1:7