Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Nishikigoi: Today is the Day!

koicoming
I know, I drew a goldfish. It was something I could do quickly.
I am not even sure what koi look like up very close, but I will find out shortly!

Clint and I ordered 20 3-4" standard koi.

The koi are an extension off of another experiment that was quite successful.
I may share that story later.

This is a very well done video that shows off the different breeds and the beauty of koi. In Japan they are called nishikigoi which means "living jewels."

What is it like to buy koi in Japan

Update: They arrived yesterday!!! You can see them here.

We ordered 3-4" long standard koi from Toledo Goldfish through Amazon. There were a few extra fish and fish food was included free. All of the fish arrived in good condition and are swimming happily in our ponds. https://amzn.to/2UxOsaF