Monday, April 27, 2020

Germination Test

seedgermination

I think about my paternal grandmother and the seeds in damp napkins 
on her kitchen counter whenever I do this. She use to ask me if I wanted to see if they had sprouted. It was like opening a present to see the living seeds inside!
She'd then take them to the garden and plant them and the rest of the packages. I never saw her throw any away, but I am sure she did.

We eat the chia seeds for the nutrition. I decided I'd check those while I was doing the garden seeds.

Dear Reader, I love this verse which tells us to both work hard and keep trying different things because we don't know which of our efforts will succeed. Clint and I have applied this to many areas of our lives from financial to homeschool teaching methods to ministries to gardening. I hope this verse encourages you to keep trying different things in different areas of life. Don't give up!

Sow your seed in the morning,
    and at evening let your hands not be idle,
for you do not know which will succeed,
    whether this or that,
    or whether both will do equally well.
Ecclesiastes 11:6