Saturday, April 18, 2020

On This Day (3 of 3)

On this date in 1986, Clint and I told our families we were dating. Since our friends figured it out, we figured we had better tell our family before someone else did. 

Although I knew her from when I was much younger at the grocery store where she worked, I "officially" met Clint's mother for the first time on this date. Clint was so enthusiastic as he told his mother I was his girlfriend. I will never forget his pride in that moment.

Clint also gave me his class ring on this day. It was far too big. I melted a white candle and poured wax in it to make it fit right. I gave him my ring which fit his pinkie finger. Both of these rings are in my jewelry box today.

Our beginning is unique in many ways, but that is a story for another day. We didn't have a clue of what was down life's road for us. Our Father put us together knowing what was ahead and what we each needed. He has led and looked after us every step of the way. Looking back, we can see His hand on our life, and that gives us peace and comfort for the uncertain times we are in today. He is worthy of our trust and our praise!