Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Incubator Wafer Thermostat Assembly and Stay at Home Womanhood

incubatorwafer
wafer and button switch

thermostatassembly
wafer removed so you can see the silver button is the switch

When I followed the Lord's convictions on my heart to be a stay at home wife and mother (Titus 2:3-5 and Proverbs 31), I thought my life would be very limited. I thought I'd be bored and not have enough to keep me busy and happy.* I also assumed I might not enjoy being with children all day because of things I heard other mothers say.** 

Those turned out to be one of two of bigger misconceptions I had about the job I've been doing since 1990 when I left the workforce to become a stay at home wife and eventually mother. Ever since I laid down my will and gave up my fears, my life has been one big adventure! There is contentment and joy in my days that I could not have dreamed of being possible! Every where He has led me has been better than what I could have imagined!

I have found ways to increase the income my husband earns by using many cost cutting methods. Earning money on my own from home has been no problem thanks to the internet and a sign hung at the end of my driveway. I have also sold my products in local stores. I have continued my education on my own terms and have gained knowledge and skills that have been such a blessing to have. 

This week, I am repairing our small incubator saving us from having to purchase another or run one of my larger ones (side by side refrigerator) which cost more electricity and are overkill for 75 quail eggs. 

The wafer needed replacing in my Hovabator. The wafer expands when the temperature is reached and makes the switch on the thermostat which is what controls the electric heater. For those interested, the heater coil on the incubator looks a lot like the one you see inside of an oven. 

I do work, and I work very hard. I keep records and track expenses to see what is profitable and what is not. God and my husband are who I answer to each day. Currently, I am experimenting with koi, goldfish, minnows, mushrooms, pond plants, perennial vegetable plants, and more to see if those can add to our income. 

Contrary to the world's view of home centered womanhood, I am not trapped at home. Instead, the doors are many and are flung wide open for me. None of my days are ever the same! My life is an amazing adventure where I am not limited or held back due to traditional employment. I am so thankful this is the life God called me to live. 

*I learned one is as bored or as engaged in life as one chooses to be. A person aware of their own needs combined with a sharp intellect and  creativity will never be bored as long as they look after and apply themselves. 

**I never knew the mother child relationship could be this close! This is one of my greatest joys! Children need their mothers. Mothers benefit by gains in maturity and spiritual growth. One gains so much precious wisdom and insight by shepherding children's hearts. Then, as they become adults, we learn about bearing with one another and grace. Children need mothers, but mothers need them too!