Sunday, May 10, 2020

To My Wife:

Wendy,

Happy Mother’s Day, Sweetheart!

In years past, I have usually tried to surprise you with something, or get you something that I know that you would like to have. 

I along with the children are going to do that as we know that you would like to add another goat to the farm. True to who you are, I know that is not exactly what you want, but it is good for the family which is why you asked for it. I have been looking, and we are pooling our money so that we can do that. Alas, that is something that you will not be able to physically put your hands on come Mother’s Day. 

You also told me that you would like a book on preserving seeds. I would like you to have that as well, and would like to order that Sunday evening with you. I contemplated getting you flowers in addition to this card, but I know that you would probably rather use that money for something more practical like plants, or an additional book, etc. so let’s do that as well, my wonderful, self sacrificing, hardworking, and practical thinking wife.

I wanted to take some time here, and let you know that you are very loved and very valued. You are an awesome mother and wife! Second to your relationship with God, you have always put your family first, and that is a fantastic quality! You are loving, nurturing, and caring as well as fierce when you need to be. I am thinking mama bear here. 

You were made to be a mother, and it has shown through the years as our children have grown. Thank you for educating them, and teaching them more than just academics, but encouraging and facilitating their individual interests as well teaching them the life skills that so many children are lacking in society today. 

It has not always been easy, but you never gave up, and plugged away at issues including the many sleepless nights until you had a solution. Our children are the fine people they are today because you cared enough, and allowed yourself to be led by the Lord in raising them up. Thank you for being the keeper at home.

Through it all I have never had to worry whether or not the children were being taken care of. By you being home with them, it has given me the peace of mind to go off to work each knowing that they are in a safe and loving environment. Our society may portray a stay at home mom negatively, but our lives are filled with proof to the contrary. Thank you so much for being the person you are.

I love you, Wendy, and there is no other person that I would rather share my life with.

Always yours,
Clint

Everybody else, please give my devoted wife a shout out through phone or text today!