Thursday, May 21, 2020

Something New to the Farm

IMG_1521

The sawdust contains enough to make 5 lbs of morel mushrooms.
The syringe is a liquid containing 30 spores of yellow reishi.
The bag is 100 turkey tail dowel plugs.
I take reishi and turkey tail to boost my immune system to better combat EBV.

Will I be successful in growing mushrooms? I don't know, but if not, I will try again. It will be a long while before we see results. If we don't try, we gain nothing. If we try and we fail, we lost the small investment but at least we tried. If we try and we succeed, then we have gained crops we can grow for food and medicine.

If we can get it going, it can be one more thing we can sell from our little place along with plants/seedlings, honey, organically raised meat, livestock offspring, breeding pairs, eggs for food, eggs for hatching, herbal medicine, goat's milk soap, organically grown vegetables, pressure canned jellies and meals, bait, koi, goldfish, etc.

Dear Reader, I think I have failed more than I have succeeded, but I keep trying until I find things that work. I didn't have anyone to show me the way in the things I am doing on our farm. I grew up around some of it, but the knowledge was not passed down. I had to gather all of that info on my own, apply it, see what happened, and adjust accordingly. The collective wisdom from years of trying this and that has helped me to be more successful in my middle years. It is in analyzing why something didn't succeed the first time that I have solved the issue and gone on to succeed. Sometimes there are three to four things that need to be fine tuned. I hope knowing I fail and keep trying encourages you to keep trying too. I also hope seeing my many failures as a human and the strength and redemption Jesus has given me encourages you to reach for Him.