Monday, May 04, 2020

Into each life some rain must fall,

The Rainy Day
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering Past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

The meaning behind these words was never more clear to me than when I lost babies. Those were some hard days. If it were not for a God who gives strength in our weakness, peace that surpasses understanding, hope of the fulfillment of His promises, and joy that can not be affected by circumstances, I would not have survived. 

All of us have storms in our lives. All of us have trials and tribulations. All of us come to know great heartbreak. I hope you, Dear Reader, know the One to rely on and call out to when the storms in life get too hard to bear. 


Because he hath inclined has ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. Psalm 116:2
In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
Psalm 120:1